40 items found for "sea-long"
- Helmet Improvement Ideas - Liquids Intake into Sea-Long Pressurized Helmet
two-part series on using a Camelbak hydration backpack tubes to solve the water-feeding issue inside a Sea-Long Below are two videos of using Camelbak hydration backpack tubes for feeding-liquids intake into the Sea-Long
- Hands-On Review - "COVID NIV Helmet" from the Sea-Long Medical Systems
4/25/2020 Chicago This is a video review of the NIV COVID Helmet" (PN 5401, PN 5404) made by the Sea-Long More An interview with the owner of Sea-Long Medical Systems LLC Chris Austin. More about Sea-Long Medical Systems.
- Helmet Design Ideas - The Swim Noodle Collar Adaptation of the Sea-Long Ventilation Helmet
The Swim Noodle Collar Adaptation of the Sea-Long Ventilation Helmet John Selker, John.Selker@Oregonstate.edu The Sea-Long ventilation helmet provides excellent therapeutic benefits to patients with ARDS (acute The collar is made from a 28.5 inch long (74 cm) long section of 2.25 inch (6 cm) polyurethane close-cell A rubber peg of 0.875 inches (2.2cm) in diameter and 4 inches long (10 cm) is pushed into one end of
- "The Technology to Save Lives, and That’s What We’re All About" Sea-Long Helmet Success Story
Chris Austin, who leads the family-owned Sea-Long Medical Systems, Inc. in Texas, describes the journey Once the shoe fit, so to speak, life as Sea-Long knew it entered a whole new realm. Within two days, Sea-Long’s phones were ringing off the hook in the shop behind their home in Waxahachie Laura Austin of Sea-Long, referring to the pandemic “We knew there was a benefit and an opportunity to Sea -Long has discussed ways to help manufacture helmets in other countries, as well.
- Virgin Galactic is helping NIV helmet "oxygen hood" manufacturer Sea-Long to scale production
part of the Antelope Valley COVID Task Force, have collaborated with some incredible partners like Sea-Long The owner of Sea-Long Medical Systems Inc Mr. allow oxygen-rich pressure to support those admitted with COVID-19 – opening up the alveoli in the lungs
- Hands-On Review of 5 NIV "Bubble" Helmets made by Amron, SUBSALVE, Sea-Long, Extol & NASA
Sea-Long from Texas (FDA approved). Extol from Michigan (FDA approval is in the process). A previous video review of 3 helmets by Sea-Long, Extol & SUBSALVE recorded on 4/24/2020. Sea-Long - a video review about this helmet. Extol - a video review about this helmet.
- Sole US helmet manufacturer can’t keep up with demand
Sea-Long Medical Systems Inc., a Texas-based manufacturer, is increasing production to meet additional Sea-Long is the only producer of these helmets in the US. collar is fitted over the patient’s head, and air and oxygen are pumped in to help fill the patient’s lungs While Sea-Long would like to be able to meet all demands, Austin said his company won’t be able to supply Other helmet manufacturers in the US make parts for the ventilation systems, but Sea-Long is the only
- Funded - the first $50,000 for US "Bubble Helmet" maker to ramp up production
They reached out to the sole US manufacturer of helmets, Sea-Long Medical Systems Inc. On a regular basis, Sea-Long can produce 250 helmets per week. The Selkers’ team can help prepare Sea-Long to ramp up production and provide a buffer for the small An MBA mechanical engineering person is visiting Sea-Long today to fulfill due diligence and give us We’ve made two significant advances in updating Sea-Long helmets with improved performance.
- "A gift from the sea" US diving experts designed an NIV Helmet "Oxygen Hood" for COVID patients
We deployed this experimentally in 2012 in the Bahamas, then again in 2015 in Hong Kong.
- US Hospitals waiting for helmets to arrive for COVID-19 patients
So far (3/29/2020), only Sea-Long Medical Systems Inc and Amron International Inc. are the only producers The Sea-Long company is ramping up production to meet the greater demand but is limiting the number of Massachusetts General Hospital ordered 20 of the Sea-Long helmets but will only receive five, according
- Webinar - NIV Respiratory Assist Helmets Evaluated by Emergency Care Research Institute (ECRI)
, ECRI ECRI is currently evaluating 4 helmet designs from the U.S. suppliers: Amron, Intersurgical, Sea-Long
- Funding for Helmet-Based Ventilation Helps Clinicians Save Lives
helmet manufacturers, non-governmental organizations, and volunteers resulted in 364 StarMed, 80 US-made Sea-Long